WAEC Ghana NOV/DEC Registration Procedures
Candidates are required to capture their fingerprints at designated internet cafés before the registration.
Prospective candidates are to follow the steps below to register:
- Open the registration website: www.waecgh.org
- Select link to WASSCE for Private Candidates
- Click on START REGISTRATION HERE.
- Fill in the required security information data, i.e. password, security question, etc.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Upload your picture. (check below for specific passport-sized photograph)
Upload your signature.
- Select the Region and the Centre where you wish to take the examination.
- Select the subject(s) you intend to write.
- Print your voucher and take it to any of these banks listed
- Pay the appropriate fees at the bank.
- You will use your Invoice Number to access your Index Number and Admission Notice from mid-October, 2022.
NB: Your registration is not valid until you pay the requisite fee. Check the Registration Fees
WAEC Ghana NOV/DEC Registration Dates
The schedule for the receipt of entries is as follows:
- 23rd May – 16th August 2022, Registration and payment
WAEC Ghana NOV/DEC Registration Index Number
Your Index Number will be generated by the Office; you may access it online by mid-October using your Invoice Number.
Candidates should ensure that their names are properly entered.
- SURNAME should be entered first, followed by the FIRST NAME, and then OTHER NAME (if any).
- The full name should not exceed forty (40) characters.
For example, OBIRI-YEBOAH JONATHAN KWASI should be entered as
- Candidates with hyphenated names should ensure that the hyphen is appropriately indicated.
NB: The candidate’s surname and first name should always be entered in full.
Date of Birth
Candidates should ensure that their correct date of birth is entered. Note that, requests for correction/amendment of date of birth after the release of results WILL not be permitted.
Download WAEC Required Documents for 2021 WASSCE Private Candidates
E-Mail Addresses and Telephone Numbers
Candidates should ensure that they provide accurate and active E-mail addresses and telephone numbers. The Council will correspond with candidates via the E-mail or telephone numbers provided.
WAEC Ghana NOV/DEC Registration Specifications of Passport-Sized Photographs
Passport-sized photographs of candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Dimensions: 160 pixels (width) by 200 pixels (length);
- The background should be plain white or off-white;
- Candidate’s images should be captured without spectacles or sunglasses;
- Both ears of candidates must appear;
- All features of the face (forehead, eyes, nose, mouth, and chin) must appear in the image:
- The image should be centered;
- Candidates must look straight into the camera.