Technical Services Manager
North Mara Gold Mine Limited
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Technical Services Manager to join Technical Service team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned process operation tasks, support the underground, open pit and supporting projects technical teams at North Mara Gold Mine, to ensure a cost effective and efficient mine strategy as well as effective support for the mining operations. The goals are optimum extraction of the ore bodies by achieving or exceeding the company objectives as well as compliance with resource and reserve estimation and evaluation requirements within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
- Coordinate the activities of the Mine Planning (short and long term), Survey, Geotechnical, Ventilation Geology and Diamond Drilling Sections within the Technical Services Department.
- Develop and implement production plans and operations budgets in a timely manner, in accordance with the North Mara Long Term Strategic Plan.
- Prepare and operate an annual budget for the Technical Services Department.
- Provide written and/or verbal operational reports and information as required by management or NMGL stakeholders, including government authorities.
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems to collect, validate and analyses all relevant planning and performance information to assist in the optimum extraction of the ore.
- Provide the leadership and motivation necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to all policies, standards, and procedures during execution of their duties.
- Create working environment that ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs.
- Actively foster two-way communication teamwork among employees within the Technical Services Department and encourage interdepartmental cooperation to achieve company objectives.
- Provide leadership, supervision, skills training, and support for employees in accordance with departmental requirements and individual progress and development plans.
- Implement localization plans and performance management to ensure continuous employee improvement through effective knowledge transfer and skills development.
- Continually review every aspect of the Technical Services Department to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Participate in the NMGL management and operational teams to ensure that targets for resources extraction, capital management, cost control, safe working, employee development environmental management and corporate governance are achieved.
- Ensure all activities and plans comply with company safety policies and reduce potential harm in the workplace.
- Ensure all activities and plans comply with the company Environmental Management System.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mining Engineering or Geology.
- A management qualification will be beneficial.
- Membership of a professional Geological, Mining or Metallurgical Association.
Experience and Competencies needed
- Minimum of 10 years in Underground and Open Cut Mining with at least 5 years at Chief Geologist or Chief
- Mining Engineer level and recent experience in Gold Mining Industry. Underground Mining experience will be prioritized.
- Mining, processing, maintenance, and geology related activities.
- Budgeting and managerial experience.
- Business improvement tools and processes.
- Completion of at least one 6-month long project focused on business improvement.
- Project Management, governance, and controls.
- Systems development.
- Strategic planning.
- Cash flow modelling and related evaluations.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.