Senior Project Manager
Actions for Development Programs
JOB ADVERTISMENT – ACHIEVE PROJECT.
ADP-Mbozi is a registered national NGO on 10th October 2005 under section 11(3) Act No. 24 of
2002. Originally registered under the Trustees Incorporation Ordinance Cap. 375 on 29th November 1995 with registration number 1639. Since then, the Organization has grown in terms of interventions and coverage.
Currently the ADP Mbozi aims to be a leader in facilitating socio-economic empowerment of marginalized rural and urban communities in Tanzania Mainland through community empowerment on HIV prevention, impact mitigation, gender, children issues, good governance and environment; promotion of food security in the context of climate change and improved nutrition, entrepreneurship, and market development.
This is a result-oriented organization that offers its employees opportunities and experiences both interesting and challenging.
The headquarter of the organization is located in Vwawa town, the headquarter of Songwe Region, about 70 km from Mbeya city and along the Dar es Salaam –Lusaka highway.
Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI- HER. These core partners are supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
ACHIEVE is a USAID’s flagship initiative to address the needs of children, young people, and breast-feeding women affected by HIV. This includes supporting local organizations in serving these populations and ultimately building their capability to receive direct U.S. government funding for programs at scale. The project leverages the full strength of its consortia and related private and public sector stakeholders to support countries attain and sustain HIV epidemic control. In Tanzania, ACHIEVE project support the Government of Tanzania (Got) to achieve its aim of controlling the HIV epidemic, with a particular focus on programs targeting orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women, through the DREAMS
(Determined, Resilient, Empowered AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe) program, in 78 councils across 15 regions in Tanzania.
In addition, ACHIEVE Tanzania aim to strengthen local organizations and the national- and community- level social welfare systems, structures, and workforce to support and sustain OVC to access HIV-inclusive services that support their health and well-being.
ACHIEVE Tanzania program has three Strategic Objectives:
1. To strengthen the capacity of the national and community-level social welfare workforce, systems, and structures to ensure quality services for OVC, at-risk AGYW, and people living with HIV (PLHIV).
2. To build capacity of local organizations to manage and implement USAID/PEPFAR awards as prime implementing partners. ACHIEVE Tanzania Project will support the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
3. To deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14 years.
ADP-Mbozi implements ACHIEVE project in six district councils of Mbozi DC, Momba DC, Tunduma TC(Songwe Region), Mbeya CC, Kyela DC and Mbalari DC (Mbeya Region).
To ensure smooth implementation of the project, ADP-Mbozi seeks a dedicated and keen person to undertake the following post;
Job Title : Senior Project Manager
Location : ADP-Mbozi head office
Reports to : Executive Director
To provide overall leadership and management of ACHIEVE OVC/DREAMS Service Delivery implementation for the implementing Partner (IPs) and ensure effective, quality, and timely deliverables in collaboration with Local Government Authorities and other partners.
Roles and responsibilities
1.0 Project Management
- Provide overall technical, managerial, and operational support to project team and promotes an organizational culture where policies and values are observed.
- Lead strategic planning and development of annual work plan &budget.
- Monitor work plan implementation to ensure annual targets are reached for all key indicators and milestones.
- Facilitate Capacity Building of program implementation team based on assessed capacity needs.
- Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission of narrative reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual).
- Work with M& E coordinator to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality and timely quarterly reports.
- Link the project and with other likeminded stakeholders including the Government.
2.0 Financial Management
- To ensure there is strong and functional internal control system and that project assets and donor funds are in safe custody and used in intended purposes.
- Work with Finance Manager and or Project Accountant to ensure timely fund request and liquidation in line with donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission of financial reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual plus a budget tracker).
- Regularly monitor project implementation and spending against approved budget to ensure that spending is done in line with costed workplan and approved budget.
- Review and approve all project expenses.
3.0 Networking, Collaboration and Representation
- Establish and strengthen work collaboration with Government counterparts at regional and council levels as well as with other implementing partners.
- Act as a key contact person with donor, government, and other stakeholders for all program related matters.
- Represents ACHIEVE Project in relevant stakeholders’ meetings, workshops, and other events.
Senior Project Manager at ADP Mbozi
4.0 Staff Management
- To facilitate and support recruitment, and training of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Ensure there is sound and vibrant staff performance management system within the organization and staffs are supported to have performance objectives, regular reviews with their line managers and annual performance reviews.
- Supervise and mentor Program, Technical, and Finance teams in program and team management to effectively deliver the project as per standard operating procedure (SOPs).
- Ensure commitment to children’s rights and principles of equal opportunity across all program team.
- Performs other program related and assigned tasks as needed.
Minimum required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
A Master’s degree/Post graduate in Health Sciences, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, project Management, Art in Education, Business Administration with a focus on Health Sciences, social sciences, or related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing, managing and leading large development programs involving multiple partners, stakeholders and geographic target areas in a developing country.
- Previous experience managing staff and leading program planning and implementation.
- Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: HIV/AIDS Bi-Directional Referrals
& Linkages, OVC programming, Evidence based HIV & Violence Prevention among Adolescents, Case management, Child Protection, Households/Youth Economic Empowerment.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities (fluency in English/Swahili).
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills that demonstrate ability to collaborate coordinate with a range of stakeholders and complex priorities.
- Strong computer literacy
- Analytical, and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building skills.
- Attractive remuneration will be offered depending on qualifications and experience
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application letter, CV, academic certificates and a list of three (3) referees to the address below;
Executive Director, ADP-Mbozi,
P.O.BOX 204, Mbozi .
Deadline: On 25/11/2022 before close of office business. 15.30 hours.