Relationship Manager; Financial Institutions and Correspondent Banking
Dar es Salaam
Job Location :Head Office
To manage all financial institutions dealing directly or indirectly with the bank including those working with Trade finance, payments, treasury, and any other departments within the bank.
- Manage senior loans from overseas DFI’s and negotiate contracts with any DFI
- Review FI credit limits and prepare Credit Analysis (CAs) proposals for new/renewals of FI portfolios.
- Perform ALM/KYC and due diligence on the FI clients and coordinate with compliance department on related matters.
- Maintain constant touch with counterparty banks
- Canvas new business from correspondents and follow through with regular updates.
Address complaints /queries related to the counterparty banks which are not resolved by remittances, trade, treasury, reconciliation departments etc.
- Suggest new banks to open Nostro accounts with.
- Manage the local banks portfolio from a relationship perspective, deal with their limit requests and propose limits in money market and forex trading.
- Manage meeting requests by banks and coordinate/ arrange meetings with them be it local or international.
- Respond to the KYC requests and review by banks we deal with or are looking to deal with.
- Manage the trade finance limits we have with international banks and negotiate better terms and higher limits with them.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of International Banking services and products.
- Knowledge of International Financing arrangements especially related to Development Financial institutions financing.
- Sound understanding of IFRS especially related to banking environment.
- A strong understanding of the overall banking environment.
- Knowledge of Treasury products and services as well as back office operations.
- Sound understanding of Financial Institutions credit.
- Knowledge of political, economic and regulatory environments in the banking industry.
- Strong knowledge in Trade Finance, Payments, Treasury and Capital market activities.
- Understanding of Syndication arrangements is an added bonus.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team on a wide variety of projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively manage time and workload.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills with the ability to solve unstructured problems.
- Innovative, Attention to detail, Organization skills and Business awareness.
- Business development; Relationship management skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Finance/Accounting fields/ Business administration or any other related field.
- Accounting professional qualification i.e., CPA or ACCA or Treasury qualification such as ACI is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a financial/accounting/ Credit/ Relationship manager environment for not less than 3 years.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 November 2022.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY