New Internship Opportunity at Helen Keller International Tanzania – Receptionist/Cleaner
Helen Keller International February 2022
(Dar es salaam, Tanzania)
Helen Keller International is a global health organization dedicated to eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition, and diseases of poverty. Headquartered in New York City, Helen Keller Intl currently conducts programs in 20 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States. Helen Keller Intl is known for sustainability, reliability, and technical expertise in preventing and treating blindness and malnutrition.
Established in 1984, Helen Keller Intl Tanzania works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), Local Government Authorities (LGAs), local NGOs, and other national and international development partners in the areas of nutrition and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), particularly trachoma elimination.
Scope of the Internship:
Helen Keller Intl Tanzania is seeking to recruit an Intern to support the office for six months as a Receptionist/Cleaner. The Receptionist/Cleaner will be responsible for greeting and assisting visitors to the Dar es Salaam office, cleaning the office daily, and providing support to the Finance and Operations Department. Due to the nature of the work, the Receptionist/Cleaner will be required to start at the latest 7:00 am each day. The intern will be provided ample learning opportunities to strengthen their administrative support skills and to build their CV.
Position Title: Intern – Receptionist/Cleaner
Department: Finance and Operations Department
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Procurement Associate
Duration: 6 months
- Be present in the reception area of the office from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
- Perform basic office duties such as answering phones, photocopying, printing, filing, preparing for meetings, and assisting other staff with administrative tasks
- Greet and assist visitors and prepare water, tea, and bites for guests when needed
- Receive and keep records of items i.e. files, packages, reports, and other similar material
- Assist in ensuring that all correspondence to and from the office is dated, documented, and distributed in a timely manner
- Keep inventory of office supplies to monitor usage and ensure adequate stocks
- Clean all areas of the office including common areas, kitchen, cubicles, and private offices daily using the approved cleaning supplies and materials
- Periodically deep-clean the kitchen shelves, kitchen appliances, server room, storeroom, windows, and other areas as per agreed schedule
- Request purchase of housekeeping supplies/equipment on a monthly or as needed basis
- Ensure proper arrangement of office furniture and equipment, items in storeroom, and items in common areas, and inform Country Director immediately in case of missing items or those that need repair or replacement
- Run errands as needed, i.e. picking up stationary items from vendors
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by supervisor or Country Director
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- One-year certificate in a relevant field
- Experience and/or training in cleaning skills is a strong added advantage
- Basic computer skills including use of Word, Excel, and email programs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Team player and strong work ethic
- Internship is open to Tanzanian citizens only
Qualified intern candidates should submit a cover letter and current CV to Tz.email@example.com noting the specific intern title in the subject line. Internship applications will be accepted until February 28th, 2022.
HELEN KELLER INTL:
– DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW, MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING)
– DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS
– DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY
No Comment! Be the first one.