Nelson Mandela University Arusha Application Form – NM–AIST Online Application 2022/23
Nelson Mandela University Arusha Application Form – NM–AIST Online Application 2022/23:The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha is one in a network of Pan-African Institutions of Science and Technology located across Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). These institutions, which are the proud brainchild of the late Nelson Mandela, envision training and developing the next generation of African scientists and engineers with a view to impacting profoundly on the continent’s development through the application of Science, Engineering and Technology and Innovation (SETI).
The NM-AIST, which is accredited by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is being developed into a world class research intensive institution for postgraduate and post-docs studies and research in SETI. The training in SETI, however, incorporates appreciable doses of relevant business studies and humanities ingredients. Thus the training curricular also incorporate strong innovation and entrepreneurship features, and hence strong academia-industry relations are part of the NM-AIST’s development agenda. NM-AIST’s curricular also seek to accommodate, enable, stimulate and catalyze the innovation and entrepreneurship qualities inherent in the Y-generation for the benefit of SSA’s sustainable development.
The Vision of NM-AIST is to become a world-class institution of higher learning dedicated to the pursuit and promotion of excellence in Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation (SETI), and their applications for economic growth and sustainable development in Africa.
The Mission is to deliver and promote high quality and internationally competitive teaching and learning, research and innovation, and public service in Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation (SETI) leveraging on entrepreneurship for enhanced value addition to people and natural resources, with a view to stimulating, catalyzing and promoting economic growth and sustainable development in Tanzania and SSA.
Integrity, intellectual honesty and ethical conduct in all endeavours;
Excellence and pursuit of the best possible performance and solutions;
Commitment and institutional pride, among staff, students and alumni;
Responsibility and sense of urgency in the face of problems and critical situations of society;
Appreciation of diversity in academic life and university undertakings;
Creativity, innovation and techno-preneurship in addressing the needs, problems and challenges;
Solidarity, spirit of service and empathy for unselfish service;
Collaboration, partnerships and cooperation to leverage all possible synergies.
The goal of NM-AIST is to catalyze the development of world-class SETI through the production of high-quality scientists and engineers in EA to stimulate economic growth and employment creation. Pursuant to this goal, the objective of NM-AIST is to educate the next generation of African scientists and engineers by equipping them with the technical, entrepreneurial and leadership capacities to solve African problems thereby contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals, and the economic and social transformation of EA and SSA.
The specific objectives for which NM-AIST has been established are to:
Increase the number and improve the quality of science and engineering Master’s and PhD graduates;
Catalyze the development of world class SETI in SSA;
Provide the best facilities for Master’s, PhD and post-doctorate studies and research;
Bridge between research and industrial development through:-
Strong link with industry for technology transfer; and
Establishment of technology-cum-business incubators and innovation centres and eventually a technology park within its premises for seeding innovations and spinning-off competitive technological firms.
Improve the relevance (to society and industry) and quality of SET research and innovations;
Develop linkages with the business sector (public and private) to utilize research in improving the quality, productivity and competitiveness of the local industry and businesses generally, and hence promote growth.
The Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology, NM–AIST admission 2022/2023 period has come; this is one of the most essential times of the year to students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies at the Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology (NM–AIST).
It is this time of the year that determines student’s future and hence students are advised to avoid making mistakes during this time. To make things clear, TCU has prepared the 2022/2023 admission guidebook as a tool to guide students on admission process, if you haven’t read the TCU admission guidebook yet check this link here to familiarize yourself with the Undergraduate Admission Guidebook for 2022/2023 Academic Year.
How to register for NM–AIST
Registration for An Admission Account:
Visit NM–AIST Online Application System via this link>> CLICK HERE
To register for an account in our system through the button (REGISTRATION) at the UNDERGRADUATE tab
Note: to register for an account in the admission system you will need to supply the following details:
- First name
- Email Address
- Mobile Telephone Number
- To finalize registration, you will need to put in a password of your choice that you will use whenever you wish to log into the admission system.
- And lastly fill in the characters captcha as will be shown in the page, i.e. Captcha then click register button at the bottom to register for an account.
If you are successfully registered, then the system will send an email to your email address, please log into your email account to activate your admission account.
- Use the link sent into your email to log into our Admission system.
Note: at this stage. Your username is: your email address
Your Password is: the password you supplied
How to apply online NM–AIST
Here we have all the instructions on how to apply for bachelor degree programs at the Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology via the NM–AIST online application system.
- When you are successfully logged into your account you will find notification that your account is successfully activated (please open the notification)
- Click at My Application button to start application
- You will be presented with four  steps to finish the application
- Chose application category:
- Write names as they appear in your secondary certificates
- sex, Country of Citizenship and Disability Type if any
Application fee payment
- Non-refundable Application Fees are:
- Local Students: TZS. 10,000.00 (Ten Thousand only) for bachelor degrees
- Local Students: TZS. 20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand only) for Diploma and Certificate Programmes
- Foreign Students USD. 45.00 (forty-five US Dollar only)
- For Tanzanians: use the reference number shown in admission system to pay application fee by using mobile money services ie. Mpesa, Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money, etc.
- Foreign Applicants: application fee is payable using the SWIFT code: NLCBTZTX through A/C Number: 012105005554, Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology, NBC Bank, Samora Branch.
- Payment procedures of application fee for local students using mobile money services are detailed below:
Use the reference number and the amount shown there after getting control number, to pay application fee by using mobile money services ie. Mpesa, Tigo Pesa, Airtel Money etc.
Application Fee Payment Details:
For those with Vodacom Number,
- Open your mpesa by dialling *150*00#
- Then chose 4 LIPA kwa M-Pesa
- Then chose 4 Weka namba ya kampuni
- Then Business number/Namba ya kampuni: 888999
- The Reference number/ number ya kumbukumbu ya malipo: take from your Admission system account at the make payment button,
- The reference number is shown in red color: eg. Reference no 99143XXXXXXX
For those with Tigo Number,
- Open your Tigo-Pesa Number dialling *150*01#
- Then chose 4 LIPA Bili, PAY bill
- Then chose 3 Weka namba ya kampuni
- Then Business number/Namba ya kampuni: 888999
- Then Reference number/ number ya kumbukumbu ya malipo: take from your Admission system account at the make payment button,the reference number is shown in red colour: eg.Reference no 99143XXXXXX
For those with Airtel Number,
- Airtel Money Number dialling *150*60#
- Then chose 5 Lipia bili
- Then chose 4 Weka namba ya kampuni
- Then Business number/Namba ya kampuni ni: 888999
- The Reference number/ number ya kumbukumbu ya malipo: take from your Admission system account at the make payment button, the reference number is shown in red colour: eg.Reference no: 99143XXXXXXX
- For Direct Entry applicants with both form IV and VI results from NECTA Add index number and year and choose level
- Example: Index no: S0110/0092/2014 level O-LEVEL
- Then click add sitting
- Index no: S0110/0088/2017 level A-LEVEL
- Then click add sitting; if you have multiple sittings then you can add all sittings that you wish to be considered in the selection process.
- For Equivalent applicants with form IV results from NECTA
- Add index number and year and choose level
- Then upload your Diploma certificates in the system in PDF format
- For applicants with foreign certificates, you will need to put results in the system and upload certificates in PDF format
Choose from the List of available Programmes and the application choice number.
A renowned and highly ranked University in Africa, the Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology stands as the most prestigious University in Tanzania. It is a comprehensive University that caters for the entire Eastern and Southern African region, offering a wide range of academic disciplines at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology is home to most qualified and internationally acknowledged scholars in Africa. By this announcement, applications are now open to qualified candidates from Tanzania, the Eastern and Southern African region and beyond, who wish to pursue Undergraduate Degree Programmes for the academic year 2022/2023
For NM–AIST Admission Guidebook Click here