ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist position. The position will ensure proper monitoring and evaluation of the activity and facilitate learning among project staff, partners, and stakeholders. S\he will monitor activity data collection processes, undertake systematic verification, review of data and ensure Kilimo Tija MEL system and tools are effective in monitoring of project activities, outputs and outcomes – based on agreed indicators and foster project internal and external learning and evidence-based decision making.
Location: Iringa, Mbeya, and Zanzibar
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the update and implementation of the M&E plan and ensure the execution of outcome and project evaluations and other related studies.
- Maintain regular data backups, security, and confidentiality at all times in accordance with ACDI-VOCA and donor requirements.
- Develop M&E work plans and update data collection tools in coordination with the supervisor.
- Regularly collect, compile, and analyze project data to inform progress on targets.
- Support and coordinate fieldwork activities during baseline and end-line surveys, midterm reviews, evaluation, and other project studies.
- Upload data into the LEAP Database and other online data management systems on a regular basis and as may be directed from time to time by the management.
- Review all project reports to ensure that information on indicators is accurate, relevant, and well presented.
- Facilitate regular reviews, reflections, and feedback sharing with project teams and management to ensure continuous learning and maximum utilization of M&E data for decision-making.
- Build the capacity of the project team on M&E-related issues and provide guidance and technical support in all matters pertaining to data collection, quality assurance, analysis, and presentation.
- Participate in the preparation and update of the annual work plan.
- Develop suitable and innovative solutions and tools for improving project implementation.
- Commit to improving expertise, knowledge, and skills in his/her area of specialization and be willing to offer technical support in building the capacity of other M&E staff.
- Ensure the quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine Data Quality Assessments (DQA)
- Monitoring project activities, outputs, and progress towards anticipated results
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures for the M&E processes based on corporate tools and instruments.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree within the fields of agriculture, social sciences, research and statistics, Project
- Planning and Management, ICT, Community Development, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project monitoring and evaluation, research, and survey implementation
- Experience in monitoring donor-funded projects in areas of youth development, economic growth, and agricultural development is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including professional experience using Excel, SPSS, Stata, Power-BI, Tableau, NVivo, and other programs for data analysis and visualization.
- Having experience with databases and online/digital data collection systems like ODK and Kobo Collect will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques, including qualitative and quantitative data collection approaches, capable of working independently, remotely, and within a diverse multicultural team.
- An excellent team player, able to think and adapt proactively to changing situations.
- Good in oral and written Kiswahili and English
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 16, 2023. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.