Life orientation grade 10 term 3 task project memorandum 2023 – life orientation grade 10 term 3 project answers
Download Memorandum of Life Orientation Grade 10 Project 2023
- visit to the visit here
What are principles of life orientation?
There are 5 main topics which are studied in Life Orientation in the Senior Phase:
- Development of the self in society – This topic works on self-concept, including motivation and self-image. Learners throughout Senior Phase will also look at subjects such as personal diet and nutrition, peer pressure, relationships and friendships as part of the teaching. This topic will also touch on challenging situations including depression, grief, loss, trauma and crisis. This is so that they are better equipped to deal with these situations if they experience them in the real world.
- Health, social and environmental responsibility – This topic area covers things like substance abuse and environmental health issues. There is also time spent on common diseases. Learners will also look at things such as volunteering as a concept as well as dealing with health and safety issues related to violence.
- Constitutional rights and responsibilities – This topic has a focus on human rights, religions, cultural diversity and fair play. There’s also some time spent on the concept of nation building and relating some of the above focuses to South Africa itself. Gender equity, constitutional values and issues that relate to citizens’ rights and responsibilities are all looked at.
- World of work – This topic area is all about preparing tour Senior Phase students for further education and life after school. Time is spent on different learning styles and career paths. You’ll also spend some time talking about which options are available to them after Grade 9, including appropriate subject choices for their chosen career. You could spend some time talking about different careers and how each member of the class wishes to move forwards.
- Physical education – During Life Orientation students are introduced to participating in a fitness programme and are encouraged to play various sports and games throughout Senior Phase. They will also participate in outdoor recreational programmes and learn to refine their performance in movement activities as well as take into account safety issues for each activity.