Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Provides input during project planning and requirements phase.
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
- Responds to Level 2 support and works with vendors on Level 3 support.
- Generates activity and status reports.
- Provides the user access service.
- Researches trouble issues which affect multiple clients.
- Reviews checklists and scripts.• Works with vendor technical support personnel on solutions for clients.
CLIENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT:
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Updates configuration management tools.
- Develops and documents procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades. • Provides on-going support of client technology.
- Ensures that all technical resources are available for meetings that include video conferencing.
- Engages the hardware vendors on issues to remedy issues or escalates for support.
- Monitors and communicates system status.
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Assists systems, programming and vendor professionals as needed to resolve problems.
- Coordinates the resolution of escalated application, hardware and software problems.
- Adheres to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Reviews operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance.
- Makes recommendations and changes as appropriate.
- Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures. •
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT:
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Monitors service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Makes recommendations to approve performance and client satisfaction metrics.
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Tracks performance metrics.
- Reviews tracking log to identify recurring problems, or problems affecting a large number of clients.
- Develops procedures and controls for service improvements.
- Recommends solutions to common problems and updates frequently asked questions documentation.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing.
- Trains co-workers on new or existing functionality or services.
- Identifies customer training needs based on common problems.
Creates, modifies and reviews documentation of issues resolutions.
Develops and delivers documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support.
Creates and submits documented resolution to Knowledge Base.
Updates manuals/guides to incorporate new recommended products.
- Alerts team members about recurring problems.
- Communicates technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- May provide input to the design of backup and recovery procedures.
- Designs standard image and designs alternate images, as needed.
- Evaluates and recommends new standard products for corporate standards list.
- Participates in working groups related to standards.
- Mentors less experienced staff in multiple areas of expertise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL V3/V4 Foundations
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills.
- Typically requires 3 years experience in a similar role in a similar organization.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- O365 Administration
- Work Environment / Travel: • The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Any country in East Africa where World Vision has presence
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only