Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The role of Budgeting & Strategic Planning Manager in the Commercial Business Unit is to coordinate the preparation of commercial budgets, strategic plans and LRPs. The candidate plays a big role in tracking the performances of the commercial strategic initiatives and tactical plans for budget execution. The candidate advices the business teams on devising course correcting measures where required in order to ensure that KPIs are achieved as per local and group targets.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Prepare CBU yearly budget based on underlying commercial performance, macro- environment, competitive landscape and company targets.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts for revenue, subscribers and usage
- Maintain daily/ weekly/monthly KPIs for strategic KPIs for group reporting.
- Timely and accurately preparation and presentation for Ex-co and group reviews.
- Handle all insight and reporting projects, present results/findings in collaboration with relevant stakeholders timely.
- Provide insight and reporting support on company’s strategic objectives.
- Engage with business heads in the various strategic projects being undertaken in their respective areas to ensure projects are delivered as per planned timelines.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis and insight to guide the business on strategic decisions.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills with ability to integrate the details into a big picture view;
- Must be pro-active with ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Good communication skills (oral and written) with ability to influence with impact, use clear and compelling messages;
- Flexible and innovation hungry, embracing change positively
- Right attitude and Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables
- Leads the Vodacom Way by driving speed to market; making things simple for our customers, partners and colleagues; reliable and transparent to deal with and deliver to others and trust others
- University Degree in degree in Business administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields
- Experience in budget preparation and business performance reporting.
- MS Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Data analysis skills
- Business acumen
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience preferably in managerial role.
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Understanding Customers and Developing Insight
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.