APPOINTMENT OF INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
The National Investments PLC (NICOL) is a public listed company at the Dar-Es-Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE), whose mission is to promote active participation of Tanzanians in the national economy, by utilizing investment resources derived both locally and internationally.
As a measure of NICOL’s dedicated efforts to build on contemporary achievements and notable success in its investment portfolios, the company looks beyond the horizon with an ambitious expansion program towards unlocking long-term values driven by sustainable growth, compatible high level professional acumen and international best practices, upholding well established principles of integrity and governance. With that in mind, coupled with expansion projections entailing investment diversification beyond the equity market, the Annual General Meting of the Shareholders of NICOL, which took place on 3rd December 2021, approved a Recommendation to increase the size of the Board to seven (7) Directors, which gives opportunity for appointment of four (4) additional Directors, commensurate with the rapid expansion of the company’s business activities, and the recent increase in shareholder’s value and profits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulating and Embellishing NICOL’s Vision, Mission, Objectives as well as Apprising its Strategy by Ensuring that the Company Survives and Thrives as an On-gong Concern.
- Developing, Promoting and Monitoring the Implementation of NICOL’s Strategic Objectives, Plans and Structures.
- Ensuring Observance of Regulatory Compliance and Good Corporate Governance Practices.
- Carrying out Basic Board Responsibilities, including Appointment of Senior Executives of NICOL, as well as Overseeing, Reviewing and Evaluating Board and Management performance.
- Keeping Abreast with NICOL’s Activities by Regularly Attending Board and other Meetings and Actively Participating in Policy and Performance Assessment / Evaluation and Planning and Volunteering to Undertake Board Assignments.
- Enhancing an Amicable Working Relationship with Other Board Members.
- Holder of a Degree from a Recognized University.
- Possessing Knowledge in Good Corporate Governance Practices.
- Having Minimum Experience of Five Years as Board Director of a Major Company.
- Possessing High Moral and Ethical Character, Unblemished by any Criminal Record Or History of Bankruptcy.
- National Investments PLC (NICOL) is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting equality and diversity in the workplace. Applications are encouraged from all representative groups. Applications will be considered and appointments made solely on merit.
- All applications should be marked “APPLICATION FOR INDEPENDENT NON – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR” on top of an envelope and submitted to NICOL by Post or Courier (EMS, CUM, DHL) to the following address.
Chief Executive Officer,
National Investments PLc,
3rd Floor, Mirambo House,
50 Mirambo Street,
P.O. Box 7465,
Online applications are preferred with a cover letter quoting reference NICOL INDEPENDENT NON -EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR to email@example.com. For more information please contact us through our email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 022 2111 399.