African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Underground Bogger Operator
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, bogging of development headings and stockpiles together with loading trucks and ongoing road maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Bog development headings and stockpiles to trucks.
- Keep trucks operating at full efficiency ensuring all ore, low grade, marginal and waste are kept separate.
- Bog out and clean faces ensuring it is left acceptable for next cycle. This may also include hosing down, scaling or marking up butts.
- Keeps all roads in working area tidy and free from potential hazards.
- Work to minimize equipment down time and maximize production. Minimum Requirements:
- A Minimum of 5 years exposure to the Underground Mining Industry is required for this position experience in Hard Rock mining in a mechanised mine operating U/G Haulage equipment.
- Previous experience of Caterpillar 2900.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground Loader.
- A demonstrated passion for safety and proactive attitude toward ensuring that safety is front of mind for all employees at all times.
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License and good driving skills.
- Basic First Aid is essential.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities.
- Completion of secondary school.
- Basic numeracy and verbal/written English.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application letters should reach the above on or before 3rd February 2022,18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS (T) Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 123 or+255 682 660 256