About the jobAirtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for Enterprise Operations Support Engineer L2. The role reports to the Enterprise Operations Manager. He/She, will be responsible for enterprise IP network management including:
- Integration/ configuration of IP elements for new enterprise customer connections
- Troubleshooting of L2 & L3 IP connectivity for existing customers
- Validation of IP/VLAN plans for new customer configurations or upgrades
- Troubleshooting last mile connections with partner’s/TX engineers/ customer infra engineers
- Capacity upgrade/downgrade configurations as may be required/ approved by Support Manager
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
- Validation of IP/VLAN plans for new customer connections as received from IP planning teams to avert IP broadcasts due IP/VLAN conflicts
- IP routing configuration for new customers for last mile connectivity
- Troubleshooting on L2/L3 IP connection for enterprise customers via microwave or IPRAN
- Alarm clearance escalated by L1 on last mile connections in conjunction with field operations teams
- Provide RCA for problem management reporting to Operations engineer and close on action plans as assigned
- Configuration management by updating configuration database and taking regular backups as scheduled
- Troubleshooting last mile/ customer premises equipment (CPE) connectivity with partner’s/TX engineers to resolve link issues or advise customer in case issue is on CPE
- Perform capacity upgrade/downgrade configurations as approved by enterprise operations manager
- Prepare and present change requests in CMB for configuration change approvals and ensure E2E change management life cycle process
- Ensure proper security hardening of IP connections to minimize network vulnerability exposure
- Configure port limiting on last mile connections to prevent/ minimize effects of IP broadcasts from customer end propagating in the Airtel network
- Support presales solution architect in capacity planning and forecasting by providing utilization reports for nodes, links, and ports against dimensioned capacity
Academic and Qualifications and Experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Telecommunications, Electrical, Electronics engineering or its equivalent
- Professional networking qualifications such as CCNA, CCIP, CCNP
- Good technical English, oral and written.
- At least 4 years of working experience with Data network
- At least 3-5 years working experience in telecommunication industry especially enterprise business
- Advanced level understanding of wireless telecommunications and IP protocols with 3 to 5 years’ experience in a highly interactive environment
- Knows how to practically apply specialized knowledge into problem solving
- Advanced level understanding of operation and configuration of multi-vendor IP equipment (microwave, routers & switches)
- Advanced level understanding of telecommunications standards.
- Good Knowledge of IP and Transport Technology
- Knowledge of Switching and Routing: VLAN , STP,IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, QoS and MPLS-TE VPLS (Virtual private lan Service) and (Quality Service _
- Network Management: SNMP and Network Planning Tools
- Knowledge on Hardware Platform (Juniper, Cisco, Ericson , Huawei )
- Hands on working experience with troubleshooting ROADM –Based long- Haul Optical Transport systems and provisioning new DWDM and IP network Solutions.
- Good knowledge of SONET, OTN transport protocols, 10GE and 100G Ethernet and WAN Technologies.
- Comfortable working with third party providers, field engineers, NOC engineers, OSP Specialist to resolve fiber and Microwave related issues.
Competencies and Behavior:
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Good organizational and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Attention to detail
- Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent time Management Skills
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply for the role by sending an application letter and CV to Recruitment@airtel.co.tz . State the name of the vacancy as your subject. The deadline for the Application is 5:00 PM on 28th March 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need