- Respect for Diversity and Team Work
- Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
- Reports to: Senior Finance Officer – Finance and Administration Division
- Directorate: Registry of the Court
- Number of Direct reports: 0
- Job grade: GSA5
- Contract type: Regular
- Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Purpose of Job
Help carry out day-to-day finance and accounting activities.
- Engage in the preparation of accounting documents;
- Assist in maintaining and updating financial records;
- Assist to maintain accounting databases by ensuring timely posting of transactions into the accounting software and processing necessary backups;
- Keep records of all financial supporting documents received and ensure their proper filling;
- Assist in the verification of various financial transactions.
- Preparation of payments and ensure proper filling and custody of all payments documents.
- Posting of various financial transactions in SAP system and perform necessary General ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure timely submission, collection and filling of all receipts from suppliers and service providers paid by the Court;
- Assist in carrying out monthly bank reconciliation;
- Assist in monitoring of financial commitments in keeping with relevant allocations and approved financial regulations;
- Engage in production of management account reports;
- Handling of office Petty cash
- Preparation and follow up of the Organisation VAT refunds
- Engage in Internal and External Audit exercises.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education and a Diploma in Accounting or in Finance or in related disciplines.
- A higher qualification in the requested field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
- Demonstrate professionalism abilities;
- Concentration and high level of accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment and under minimum supervision;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Good communication skills and respect for confidentiality;
- Knowledge of international organizations;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages. Good knowledge of at least one other language will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy (including good knowledge of ERP-SAP and/or S4 Hana).
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Communicating with impact
Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
Drive for Results
Innovation and taking initiative
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The African Court is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.00 per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. post adjustment (42% of basic salary), housing allowance (US$1,401.12 per month), education allowance (100% of the school fees up to a maximum of US$10,000.00 per child per annum to a maximum of four (4) children of up to 21 years maximum), spouse allowance (5% of the basic salary, child Allowance (US$ 250 per annum per child up to four (4) children aged 21years maximum, etc. in accordance with the Rules and Regulations governing International Civil Servants of the African Union.
Applications must be made not later than 28 March 2022.
Requisition ID: 988
NB: Candidates who previously applied for this position are encouraged to reapply through the aforementioned website.
No Comment! Be the first one.