Heritage Day Essay Grade 10 Answers
What is Heritage Day essay?
What is Heritage Day and why is it important?
How did Heritage Day start?
Background Heritage Day Essay in South Africa
- Before you write your essay, you should first know what heritage day is and what it means.
The word ‘heritage’ can be used in different ways. One use of the word emphasises our heritage as human beings. Another use of the word relates to the ways in which people remember the past, through heritage sites, museums, through the construction of monuments and memorials and in families and communities (oral history). Some suggest that heritage is everything that is handed down to us from the past. One branch of Heritage Studies engages critically (debates) with issues of heritage and public representations of the past, and conservation. It asks us to think about how the past is remembered and what a person or community or country chooses to remember about the past. It is also concerned with the way the events from the past are portrayed in museums and monuments, and in traditions. It includes the issue of whose past is remembered and whose past has been left unrecognised or, for example, how a monument or museum could be made more inclusive.
The following below are the Heritage Day Essay Guideline
- Provide a brief history linked to heritage day
- The main key issues you will be discussing throughout your essay
- The body:
- Explain the changes that were made to this public holiday.
- Explain how the day is celebrated in schools, families, workplaces and other institutions like churches etc.
- How does the celebration of the holiday bring unity and close the gaps of the past?
- Explain how the celebration of the day enforces the application of the constitution of South Africa.
- What key points did your essay cover?
- What new knowledge did you learn or discover?
How do we celebrate cultural heritage?
Instead, here’s how to pay homage to heritage and history months and create a more inclusive work culture.
- Listen, learn, and do the work. …
- Be real on social media. …
- Highlight your employees. …
- Foster conversations. …
- Donate to honorable organizations. …
- Celebrate and make change. …
- Be inclusive all year round.
use the links below to get full pdf about grade 10
- Grade 10 Physical Science Exam Papers And Memos 2022
- Grade 10 Subjects List South Africa
- Compulsory Subjects in Grade 10
- Life sciences grade 10 exam papers and memos download 2022
- Life orientation grade 10 term 3 project