Comunità Volontari per il Mondo (CVM) November, 2022
CVM is a tanzanian Non-Governmental Organization, established in 2006 (Non Governmental Organizations Act.2022) with its ultimate goal of promotion of sustainable development in Rural areas including promoting sustainability in all basic resources such as food, clean water, decent housing, training and education by eradicating injustice and marginalization such hunger, HIV/AIDS, poverty and all forms of obstacles depriving the possibility of a normal life and dignity to orphaned children, street children and disadvantaged girls and women including migrating with special attention to those engaged in paid domestic work.
For a number of years, it has been engaged in the development of local individual and cooperative entrepreneurship.
Hunger, AIDS, lack of basic resources-food, clean water, decent housing, education-and other forms of injustice and marginalization deprive women of the possibility of a normal life and their dignity as persons. For CVM, development is first and foremost a process of liberation from poverty as a denial of the dignity and rights of people and the earth. Liberating the potential inherent in every person is the permanent strategy that guides all CVM activities and proposals.
Your commitment of a high degree and loyalty to CVM Organization is to be highly valued and personnel agendas, favoritism or personnel advantage are against the spirit for which you are selected to work in a senior post of responsibility. A high level of humility and service to the work is expected from you to allow you to enter well in to the philosophy of the projects promoted by CVM. CVM is dedicated to building the dignity of people and in your work, this comes foremost especially in respect of women, sanitation, PLWHAs and other disadvantaged groups and is seen as an important responsibility.
Responsibilities of the Gender Facilitator
The Gender Facilitator will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support in gender equality and women’s empowerment during design, planning and implementation of project activities.
- Training of Domestic Workers, impact monitoring, brining on board athourities and other actors to address issues of domestic worker,
- Under the supervision of the Director, plans and implements project activities;
- Keep track on project progress through the dedicated forms and perform activities internal evaluation;
- Participates in meetings with partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Compiles assessments and surveys related to gender issues in the Country;
- Advice and support to CVM management on gender issues and facilitation of knowledge building on gender issues;
- Assessment of the country’s gender policies and their impact on poverty reduction, growth, equity, etc;
- Advocacy and promotion of CVM’s mission and mandate;
- Effective monitoring, measuring the impact of the project and evaluation;
- Conduct interview with beneficiaries
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice through identification of best practices and lessons learned.
- Providing technical support and backups to domestic workers Associations and branches
- Bachelor’s Degree on Gender study or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in community development sector (NGOs, CSO);
- Previous experience in working with Domestik Workers is preferred;
- Demonstrated success working effectively with deadlines;
- Ability to communicate in English and Swahili is essential;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the CVM’s values and ethical standards;
- Excellent listening skills and empathy.
- Ability to work effectively and with sensitivity across barriers such as language, culture, and distance.
- Good experience in project management, advocacy and knowledge management.
- Initiative and creative in solving problems with strong facilitation and analytical skills
- Strong ability to work both independently and in a team
- The present vacancy is open for nationals only
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 November 2022.
No Comment! Be the first one.