Dar es Salaam
Land Transport Regulatory Authority
EMPLOYER Land Transport Regulator Authority(LATRA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2022-07-26 2022-08-08
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To examine technical, environmental and safety matters related to land transport;
- To monitor the quality of road transport services and direct or recommend for improvement;
- To formulate guidelines concerning safety and environmental standards;
- To ensure that safety standards are enforced by instituting mandatory vehicle inspections;
- To make follow up on customers’ satisfaction to road transport services;
- To develop quality standards for regulated vehicles and enforce them;
- To participate in accident investigations in collaboration with other stakeholders;
- To evaluate the standard of services to be rendered;
- To conduct reviews/surveys in order to assess the supply and demand for cargo and passenger services
- To develop codes of conduct for the road transport service providers and consumers; and set enforcement mechanisms including penalties for defaulters;
- To appraise road transport activities and make recommendation to management;
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
8 Job Opportunities at LATRA, Quality Assurance Officers
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Transport Management, Mechanical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Transportation Planning, International Transport and Logistics, Transport Economics, Transport Logistics and Management or equivalent qualification from any recognized institution.
REMUNERATION AS PER LATRA SALARY SCALE
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 August 2022.