Job Opportunity at Norwegian Refugee Council, Logistics Technical Assistant
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated warehouse/storage functions according to plan of action
- Ensure proper record keeping of all materials in stores
- Manage all preparation of transactional documents such as waybills, Stores Requisitions, Goods Receipt/Return Notes, Stock Record and Bin Cards, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate warehouse status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the warehouse/storage function
- Assist the Logistic Officer in identifying deadstock and advising programs of the same
- Ensure the cleanliness, Safety and security of all storage areas and limit access of those not authorized to enter
- Assist the Logistics Officer in the management of all the warehouses and storage areas of NRC Tanzania Nyarugusu/Nduta locations in liaison with the field based procurement and project teams
- Ensure that Warehouse related transactions are processed in a timely manner and projects materials are properly marked and segregated in storage to avoid confusion.
- Ensure proper layouts of all the storage areas and the safety and security of the materials in stock by limiting access to only those who need to have it for official purposes such as collection of materials or those who are working in stores.
- Conduct inspections and snap checks to ensure that all storage systems are operating well.
- Ensure keeping of proper records at all times such as GRNs, Stock/Bin Cards, Waybills and fuel records where applicable
- Train and capacity stores clerks/casual staff especially those working in stores, Fleet, Assets and effectively provide supervision and guidance to them.
- Deputise the Logistics Officer for Nyarugusu/Nduta at the field level and act during periods of absence.
- Prepare mandatory reports with all details in respect of Warehouse/Storage areas for dissemination to the Area Office by the 5th of Every month for inclusion in country Reports to be submitted to the Region
- Bachelor degree in Procurement and Supply chain management,
- Experience of working as a Warehouse Assistant/Storekeeper at least for two years. Experience of humanitarian/recovery context is an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English and Swahili essential
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Duty station: Nyarugusu / Nduta
Duration and type of contract: 1 year, Service Contract
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
No Comment! Be the first one.