Starting date: ASAP
Direct Reports: LOGISTICS MANAGER
Location: Ukerewe island (Mwanza region)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential technical diploma, in supply chain
- 1-2 years in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs
- English, Swahili
Objectives of the position:
- Planning and supervising the execution of the supply chain activities in the project or capital (order, procurement, transport and customs and stock management) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Basic computer skills
- Computer literature
- Planning, coordinating, supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the supply activities in the project as specified by the line manager, ensuring compliance to MSF standards, protocols and procedures. Including the following tasks:
o Order management: Responsible for the supply administration, the correct filing and archiving of supply database and the efficient processing and follow up of orders and requests
o Procurement: Responsible for purchase management, in particular the follow up of purchases, preparation, together with the Logistics Manager, market assessments, contracts and supplier evaluations and communication with local suppliers for the status of purchase orders, claims and complaints
o Transport and Customs: Ensuring the clearing and the transport of medical and non-medical goods of the mission and provide info on timelines regarding administrative procedures concerning, import, customs clearance, etc.
o Stock management: Controlling quality and costs and the physical state of orders and determines the quantities of products to buy (volume) taking into account the demand and needs of the mission, the availability forecasts, delivery timelines, budget and other relevant factors and monitors stock levels related to monthly consumption figure, expiry dates, excess drugs and possible shortage in the capital
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Coordinating and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work), drawing up working schedule
- Supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please make sure the subject of your email will be:
SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 27/01/2022
Only applications in English will be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
No Comment! Be the first one.