Starting date: ASAP
Direct Reports: NURSING ACTIVITY MANAGER
Location: Ukerewe island (Mwanza region)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential Diploma in Pharmacy
- Desirable Diploma or Certificate in the field stock management, Supply, Nursing, Health or Paramedical
- Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs
- English, Swahili
Objectives of the position:
- Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes:
- Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
Please make sure the subject of your email will be:
PHARMACY STOREKEEPER – APPLICATION
Deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 27/01/2022
Only applications in English will be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
No Comment! Be the first one.