Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Company Name: British American Tobacco
Salary Range: Negotiable + Benefits
Job Department: QHSE
We are looking for a quality engineer to monitor and improve the quality of our operational processes and outputs. The quality engineer’s responsibilities include designing quality standards, inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products, developing quality control systems, and determining corrective actions. You will also work with managers and supervisors to implement quality measures. This person will be responsible for managing the quality indicators of the production machines for cigars and filters. The successful quality engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to ensure that processes and products consistently meet established quality standards. The incumbent should be passionate about quality processes. Must be an analytical person, team player and with a sense of urgency who wants to develop in a dynamic and challenging environment. We’re redefining an industry while going through our own digital transformation, using innovation to keep our portfolio of products at the cutting edge. We have always been committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the very best people in our business functions. As a member of our team, you’ll join an outstanding workplace, collaborating across borders with colleagues from multiple fields to evolve our business in one of the most dynamic phases of our history. Our company succeeds when our people thrive. Because the growth and well-being of our people are essential, we offer rich compensation, benefits, services, and development programs to help employees maintain and improve their health, wellness, and work/life balance. We empower our employees to balance their schedules to what suits them the most and how they are most productive.
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organization. To achieve the ambition we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Analyze and manage information reported in the Global Quality System to ensure compliance with the quality indicators of the finished product in the Factory.
- Monitoring trends and performance of indicators to detect areas of opportunity and support in solving existing problems with the coordination of action plans.
- Ensure that the quality indicators of the finished product are satisfactory through the control and fulfillment of the established quality standards.
- Monitoring of the non-conforming product indicator and generation of action plans (corrective and preventive) in case of not meeting the established goals.
- Provide or provide quality auditors with the necessary resources to meet the objectives of the area, as well as supervise their work, manage their overtime and support in the solution of existing problems.
- Metrology Coordination, ensuring compliance with calibration and verification programs for measurement and test equipment, and ensuring their maintenance and updating.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in all processes.
- Utilize statistical process controls and analysis to determine process capabilities, identify trends, and prioritize issues.
- Conduct root cause investigations and make recommendations for corrective and preventative actions.
- Report and Analyze internal and external quality KPI’s including: PPM, Scrap, DPU, early hour warranty, etc.
- Work with Management, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Procurement, Marketing and Production personnel in the evaluation and improvement of products, raw materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Maintain and ensure that its processes comply with the requirements of the ISO 9001 standards; Quality Policy, Internal and External Audits, Risk Management, Process Approach, Corrective Actions and continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree in some Engineering, HSE or related career.
- Quality experience within a manufacturing company and in production processes.
- Management of people in your charge.
- Strong leadership skill.
- Ensure daily monitoring and posting of customer measurable
- Internal product audits (develop schedules, assist in run@rate, monitor action list).
- Contribute to the Company Quality Objectives.
- Self-motivated and ability to follow through on several assignments and programs concurrently under stress without confusion and with limited supervision.
- Analysis and solution of problems.
- Strong Problem Solving knowledge and experience.
- Strong communication skills. Must be proficient in both written & verbal English.
- Great opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Capable of conversing with customers regarding all aspects of the program quality requirements.
- Critical interpersonal skills, writing skills, tact, assertiveness and persuasiveness working with customers, Government, Regulatory Agencies, and Major Subcontractor Representatives.
- Very Competitive compensation package.
- Must be able to work a flexible shift, including overtime and weekends
- Highly Competitive salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus & BAT Premium fringe benefits
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
Global Top Employer with 55,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter via the apply form/button or our career email below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants are contacted for the competency-based skills assessment and British American Tobacco virtual recruitment interview.
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 February 2022.
No Comment! Be the first one.