VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT RE-ADVERTISEMENTTanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. The Agency is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations through Weighbridges.
In making sure that the Agency strengthens the capacity to perform its functions effectively, the Regional Manager TANROADS – Coast seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the available vacancies at Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Coast on contract terms as follows;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointments will be on Contract Terms of Two Years (2), (renewable) subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION TITTLE: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (Weighbridge)-2 Vacancies (RE-ADVERTISED)
POSITION RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Incharge of Accounts and Administration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carrying out activities as described in The Road Traffic (Maximum Weight of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following.
- Collecting and banking all weighbridge charges (fees) according to weighbridge report form
- Seeking current USD exchange rates issued by Bank of Tanzania for case of imposing charges that are equivalent to Tanzania Shilling;
- Filing and submitting all records timely;
- Maintaining assets register
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters to the Weighbridge Shift Incharge
- Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Holder of an Ordinary Diploma in Accounts from a recognized Institution
- Must be a computer literate (at least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications)
- Not above 35 years of age
- Fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages
REMUNERATION: As per TANROADS Scale 3.1
- Any Tanzanian who meets the conditions and requirements of this advertisement is invited to apply.
- Applicants who are employed should route their application through their employers
- Any person with unresolved criminal offences need NOT apply
- All applications should have at least two names of referees and their contract address and reliable telephone numbers for contact (failure to provide two referees will result to a disqualification)
- All copies of Academic certificates and birth certificates MUST be certified (not copied certification)
- Submission of a certified copy of birth certificate is a MUST, Affidavits will not be considered
- All applicants must attach one colored passport size to their application letters
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews
- Testimonial, Partial transcripts and result slips will NOT be accepted.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately after being notified are invited to send application letters.
Lobbying and canvassing of employment will not be entertained and will work to the applicant’s disadvantage.
Please send your handwritten application Letter, academic and birth certificates as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (cv) to the address shown below. Late as well as incomplete applications will not be considered
The Regional Manager
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
P.0 BOX 30150
The deadline for submitting the application is 25 February 2022.